ABOUT ALEXANDER BRAZIE, AKA XELNATH
Alexander is a skilled Design Director, Combat Mechanics and Systems Designer and Creative Director with over 16+ years of AAA and Indie studios experience.
Alex has been playing and dabbling in games since early childhood. He used to work in Microsoft as Program Manager on Windows 7 but was not happy and wanted to express himself more creatively, which led to the leap of faith and quitting from Microsoft to pursue his dream career as a game designer. Alex landed his first job at Blizzard. For the 7 years while he was there he worked & collaborated on WoW, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone and Overwatch.
Alex was later invited to move to Riot Games where he focused on the PVP & balancing aspects of games and helped Riot take League of Leagues to over 130 million players worldwide.
After 10-11 years of big AAA studios work Alex decided to take on the Indie route and joined Moon Studios where he learned how to create beautiful and cinematic platform-adventure games. His latest game the “Ori and Will of the Wisps” was released in March 2020 and received one of the highest critics and players ratings. Currently Top #5 Switch games of all times.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCES:
- Trained over 40 Tencent game designers
- 10 years of AAA studio experience
- 5 years of Indie studio experience
- 7 years of teaching aspiring game designers & beginners
- 15+ years of C# and Unity experience.
- 5 years of design consulting from his own studio Atomech
- Helped over 30 students start design careers at major studios like Blizzard, Riot, Sony Santa Monica, Bethesda, Activision, WB Avalanche and many more.