ABOUT NATHAN SCOTT
Nathan Scott is game developer, writer, and dungeon master based in Irvine, California.
He is currently a full-time employee at Blizzard Entertainment as a quest designer on the Diablo team.
Previous to his current role, Nathan worked at Warner Bros Avalanche Studios game ‘Hogwarts Legacy’ as a Narrative Designer.
Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books.
Nathan developed its puzzles, quests, and open world content.
He specializes in narrative design with the focus on:
- Crafting linear and non-linear stories
- Iterating on gameplay systems and content
- Refining scripted events and cinematics
“I’ve been a storyteller for as long as I can remember. Before I was in games, I was in film and live events, working as director, producer, and crew on events ranging from sports to musicals. I love telling stories that enhance a game’s systems. Nothing makes me more upset than a narrative team that never talks with the systems and game designers.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCES:
- Background is in quest design, film production, and writing.
- Graduated from University of Utah’s EAE program; Masters in Game Production
- Undergraduate school was Purdue; Film Production and Creative Writing. Minored in Philosophy
- Worked on Hard Light Vector (video game); It won an IGDA award.
- Worked on Bump in the Night (360 video); Winner of the 2017 AHECTA Student Production Award.
- Has been working on a custom d6 TTRPG system for over 8 years; Working with an artist to get it published.