Game Design Digest
Our readers have started and leveled up their careers in...
Why Did I Created The Game Design Digest
After years of speaking to thousands of aspiring game designers and training many in studios such as Blizzard, Riot, Tencent, etc, I noticed a few repeating roadblocks that consistently comes up:
“I want to be a Game Designer but I don’t know how to start”
“I’m stuck scoping my game…”
“I wish I have someone to guide me on what to do”
“I’m tired of piecing everything together from the internet to learn Game Design”
I also realized that there are so many resources out there to learn game programming, but there are rarely any clear resources & training on actually honing skills specifically for the craft of game design.
…Heck most aspiring game designer can’t describe what a game designer actually does.
That’s why our mission here at Game Design Skills is to distill the learnings and wisdom from other pioneering and practicing game designers and other game development professionals. (No theory-crafting).
We do this through:
1. Our podcast The FunSmith Fireside Chats.
2. Our blog posts (written by active industry practitioners)
3. Exclusive reflections, insights, and learning are only available for the Game Design Weekly Digest subscribers.
The goal of this weekly digest is to:
1. Provide you with proven tips & strategies on how to
– Land a job as a game designer
– Avoid getting stuck scoping your game
– Build an effective portfolio that actually works
– Learn design fundamentals to help you excel in your career
2. Navigate around the missteps of working as a game designer, creating fun games for a living, and establishing your own design voice.
3. Get inspired through the stories from those who have been through the same struggles and came out on top.
If you desire to be involved in creating video games for a living, but you feel stuck, then this is designed for you.
You can join and give it a try below to see if this is helpful to you.
Game Design Skills © Copyright 2023
“Alex and his team is highly knowledgeable and experienced. They are articulate, autonomous, organized, and insightful. Alex is particularly skilled in system design and has added a tremendous amount of value to our design team.”